Nail Ideas: Saran Wrap Nails!

Hello everyone!
So sorry for disappearing for a week! I had a brief health scare earlier and wasn't in the mood to do my nails. :~ Thankfully, it turned out to be nothing as serious as I had thought! Phew! I'm already taking some medicine for it and feeling a lot better. :$

I've decided to resume my regular blog postings with a simple nail art with one of my favorite colors - purple!


Here's my maiden attempt at saran-wrap, cling-wrap or, in my case, glad-wrap nails! It is a really simple nail art technique that gives a really beautiful marbled look.

First, you paint a base color and let it dry completely (I used Seche Vite to quicken the process).
Then you paint a second color and blot some of it off using a scrunched up piece of cling-wrap.
And you're done!

Here's a tip: the marbled effect looks best when you do the blotting immediately after painting the second color. During my first try, I took some time to screw the cap on the polish bottle before blotting and the polish became too tacky to be blotted. It ended up looking really strange and did not have the marbled look at all. :f

For this mani, I used a-england's Guinevere, a light mauve purple, as my base color and Elaine for the dark purple. The smoky dark purple was perfect in adding a mysterious and magical touch to the cling-wrap mani. I couldn't resist adding a thin coat of China Glaze's fairy dust to complete the look. But it looked really good without the holographic glitters too:


Don't the colors look perfect? :L I really really love how they look together. Of course, they are gorgeous on their own too! I believe I haven't worn anything else but Guinevere and/or Elaine in the last two weeks. Lol! :$ Will get around to posting swatches soon!

What do you think of this mani? Have you tried the saran/cling-wrap technique before?

xoxo,
mich

22 comments:

  1. that's SOO pretty! I love the look of the saran wrap mani :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty good, but I think without the glitter it's much better ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That's so funny! We did do pretty much the same mani. Love yours! haha (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! The saran wrap is on my list of manis to try (: After seeing yours, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really lovely! <3 I like it both with and without the glitters ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, this is so beautiful! gotta try it some time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Karine! I'm really loving how it looks too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Julia! I'm glad you like it! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your post on my blog feed <3 Thank you Alicia! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Priscilla! It's definitely a fun and easy way to refresh a mani! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Camila dear! I love them both too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!! I'm glad you like it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh that's gorgeous. I'm going to "steal" it to use for my "tutorial inspired mani" in the 30 day challenge. With linkage of course. Great job! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! When both colors arrive here I'll probably recreate :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Deborah! I'm glad you liked it! ^_^ Crossing my fingers that you will get your orders soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't tried it yet but I really want to! Glad everything is okay, it's a terrible feeling when you have a scare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you dear! <3
    You should give saran wrap a shot! It's really easy and fast! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jamie @ Polish, Please!September 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM

    I love this! I just tried the saran-wrap mani for the first time the other day and I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Jamie! I love the effect the saran-wrap gives too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Long Haired HippieMarch 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM

    Oh i have both of these colors im excited to try this!

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories