Sparkles by Julie: Bubble Gum and Waterlily

Today, I have another new-to-me indie brand to share with you - Sparkles By Julie!


Waterlily. 2 coats.
A delicate shimmery-white with silver, gold and blue glitters. The white base reminds me of Orly Au Champagne - very soft and pretty. I'm especially loving how the gold and blue glitters go with the white base - it looks like something a Greek goddess would wear. :L


Bottle Shot of Waterlily

Bubble Gum. 2 coats.
The most girly color since pink was invented! This is what Barbie would wear on dates with Ken. This nail polish is a sheer pink base packed with purple, pink and holographic glitter in different shapes and sizes.
Bubble Gum is a stunner in the bottle. Holographic glitters swimming in a rich coral-pink base. The polish has a frosty finish though so you have to be careful with brushstrokes. I have also noticed that the frosty base tends to swallow up some of the smaller glitters. It dries bumpier than Waterlily so I used a second coat of top coat for the swatch.

Bottle Shot of Bubble Gum
Application is pretty good. The brush (I used a mini bottle) is easy to control and the formula is smooth. My only gripe is that the larger glitters are harder to fish out as they tend to cling on to the sides of the bottle even after a few hard shakes. The smaller glitters needed no fishing though and they spread out evenly onto the nails.

No prizes for guessing which one is my fav! I'm in love with Waterlily! It is really unique and the color combination is just breathtakingly gorgeous.

What do you think of these polishes? Have you tried Sparkles by Julie before?
If you wish to get some Sparkles by Julie, you can hop over to her Etsy store or check out Mei Mei's Signature (the exclusive stockist in Singapore)!

xoxo,
mich

**Products provided for our honest review. Please see our disclosure page for more information.**

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the way these look! So gorgeous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Bubble Gum and that description is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have water lily and I treacly like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the blue and gold combination of Water Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. natalijayasmina-b.blogspot.comOctober 26, 2012 at 1:25 AM

    very very very pretty *.*


    <333x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree!! Now I can't help but imagine Barbie blinding Ken with the holographic glitters on their dates lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too!! It's so regal and classy <3

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories