Halloween Collections 2012 Round-Up - Indie Edition!

With Halloween coming at the end of the month, I thought it would be appropriate to round up all the Halloween collections that have been released so far. Since I've already done a round up for some of the mainstream polish companies in an earlier post, let's focus on the polishes that the indie polish community whipped up this time, shall we? :d
I came up with the idea of doing a bumper post for indie polishes after seeing the various Facebook updates on Halloween collections and I thought it would be great if someone could gather all the updates in a single post. Of course, it would be almost impossible for me to exhaustively cover all the indie brands so I have only picked a few that has caught my eye so far. Feel free to let me know if I've missed out any note-worthy ones!

Disclaimer: As there aren't any official press releases for indie brands, I've done my best to find pictures from their respective Facebook pages (and sometimes edited to make a collage) for the purposes of this post.
A note to all indie polish makers: I do try to give credit to your pictures by providing a link to your Facebook page but if you object to the use of your pictures in this post, please do contact me and I will remove them as soon as possible!

So let's jump to it, shall we?
In alphabetical order...


All That Glitters: BOO-tique (FacebookEtsy)
I really like the name of the collection - BOO-tique. :r Polishes have either clear or slightly tinted bases - mostly meant for layering but it is said you only require 2-3 coats for maximum coverage by the glitters. It is hard for me to pick my favorites but I think I will go with Pumpkin King and Night Fright. I think I have a thing or two for bright orange glitters.


Dandy Nails (Facebook, Etsy)
No prizes for guessing which one caught my eye - Grave Robber! So much orange goodness! Mighty Fine Print is a close second - black jelly base with silver and some red glitters.


Dollish Polish: This Is Halloween (Facebook, BigCartel)
This is a collection inspired by the movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas. You can check out Jen's swatches here at The PolishAholic! I'm loving Vampires Coven (yes, even though I have Lynnderella's Very Pretty Vampire - I just love shades like these!), Spectral Pup and Deadly Nightshade. I like the colors in Something's Up with Jack but *meeps* there are bar glitters!


Enchanted Polish: Falloween (Facebook, Etsy)
Yup, not only does Chelsea make some mean holos, she also whips up some great glitters! The first one that jumps out at me must be "Practice Safe Hex" - gotta love a good name! *giggles* I also like the colors in Practice Safe Hex, Beetlejuice, Dexter (!) and Witchful Thinking. You can also see Jen's swatches at The PolishAholic here!


Girly Bits (Facebook, BigCartel)
I'm going to be completely honest here and admit that Girly Bits is one of the next indie brands on my to-get list. I very very nearly caved in and order a bunch earlier this week but I resisted (because my card bill came and reminded me how much I've spent already :f ).
Ok, back to the Halloween collection! You've guessed it - I have a soft spot for them all. If I really have to choose, I think I will go with Boo-Berry, Apparition, Monster Mash... Fright Night and Candy Corn. Oh oops! That's still all of them, isn't it? :$ You can view Pam's swatches here!

Lush Lacquer (Facebook, Etsy)
I think you will love these if you like some glitter bombs! Hey Jack! is calling me.


Nail Pattern Boldness. (Facebook, Etsy)
I'm new to this brand but it has already caught my heart with Bitches Brew (I swear I saw 'Witches' Brew' at least thrice before I realize it's a B not W) and Hades. Witch Pit is a gorgeous black and teal combi - I really love the colors but they are bar glitters (swatched here at Spit & Polish). >.<

source: chalkboardnails.com
Pretty n Polished. (Facebook, Etsy)
If you look at the skulls, you can see the colors in the collection (You did a great job with the banner, Sarah!). I'm digging Blood Clot because it really looks like... well, a blood clot! :v Would be even better if the red was darker but honestly, the effect is really cool. Them Bones comes a close second for me even though there's bar glitter - I don't mind them much here. You can view swatches by Sarah at Chalkboard Nails.


Rainbow Honey: The Yokai* Collection (Facebook, Shop)
Oh gawd. This is, hands-down, my favorite Halloween collection (not too sure if it is a Halloween collection but I'm going to assume it is). :b I love love love the inspiration / theme she chose - I'm a sucker for Asian folklore - and her promo pictures absolutely blew me away (no I'm not a a fan of 'claws' for nails but it fits the theme so well!!!). The colors in this collection are fantastic as well. I like how Dee managed to create such beautiful and unique colors without using too much glitters. Yup, I'm so in love with this one. :L

*Yōkai (妖怪, ghost, phantom, strange apparition)

Scooters 4 Hooters is not part of the Halloween Collection!
This beautiful polish is a glitter topcoat made in honor of the Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Sonoma Nail Art (Facebook, Etsy)
This is another rare one where I actually like all the glitters in the collection. The colors go so well together! Just excellent. You can view Sarah's swatches here at Chalkboard Nails.



Whimsical Ideas By Pam: Hallowhimsy (Facebook)
Yup, Wicked was inspired by the artwork for the broadway musical, Wicked. I so wish I'd caught the musical when it was here. :(

Phew! That sure took me longer than I'd thought! I wish I could include more but there's just too much pretties out there!
So... now that you've seen so many indie Halloween collections in one post, which ones are you eyeing? ;)

xoxo,
mich

p.s. Do let me know if you like reading posts like this! I'm still debating whether to do these round-ups on a regular basis. ^_^

More disclaimer: 
As with all my round-up posts, I am not in any way sponsored or affiliated with the sellers I've included. I do not profit from writing such posts. All views expressed are simply my own honest opinion.

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice roundup, Mich! :D I love these... Contemplating on getting several of them but on the other hand, I also want to get Hare's fall collex. If only money grew on trees, yeah? >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Camila! I'm glad you like the round-up!
    And *amen* to what you've said! If only money grew on trees!! T_T

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Girl and Her PolishOctober 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM

    Thanks for sharing! I didn't know that Pam put out a Halloween collection! MUST HAVE! I have the Sonoma collection and they are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're most welcome! I fell in love with the bottle shots of the Sonoma Halloween collection and the swatches I've seen so far look pretty amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are SO many great Halloween collections out there! I'm really a fan of the Rainbow Honey collection...so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading posts like this! There are so many great indie brands out there it can be hard to keep track when they're all releasing collections at once. So many pretty polishes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my jeebus they all look so amazing! I LOVE All That Glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely brilliant post xx I have reshared xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree!! The glitters are very pretty but the RH collection really stood out from all the glitters out there! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!! I had the same thoughts so I figured I should just round them all up for my readers. I'm glad you like these posts <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. ATG's collection sure fits the Halloween theme to a T! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow, I had no idea there were so many, great roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Lindsey! <3
    I didn't expect there to be so many either until I started hunting around for them on Facebook! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Nidia! I'm glad you like it! :D

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories