Ruby Wing: Cupcakes and Champagne (Mini Set)


Happy weekends lovelies!

Today, I have another new-to-the-blog brand to share with all of you - Ruby Wing! As you may already know, Ruby Wing is a line of polishes that changes colour in the sun (or more specifically under UV light) from the people behind the brand, Color Club!

I was offered the chance to try out a mini set of 4 from their Fall 2013 collection - Cupcakes and Champagne. I had thought these colours were too sweet for my liking but boy did they blow my socks off! Take a look!




Cinnamon Bun. 2 thin coats.
A light rusty brown to green duochrome foil that darkens to a beautiful reddish brown when exposed to UV rays. The reddish brown is much darker than the swatch above but I had to ditch my swatches of that because they turned out to be too blurry >< The second picture above shows the intermediary colour as the polish fades back to the lighter shade.



Sweet Cream. 2 thin coats over OPI Barre My Soul.
A clear base with strong pink to green duochrome shimmer that darkens dramatically into a deep purple (even darker than the swatch above). I really love the shimmer and how versatile this is. Quite possibly my favourite from this quartet.



Chocolate Mousse. 3 thin coats over OPI Barre My Soul.
Another clear based polish filled with iridescent flakies that shifts to a deep maroon-brown (darker than swatch above). Another dramatic shift. Although I love how delicate the flakies look in a clear base, I super love them when they pop against the dark colour when in the sun. Application is slightly tricky with this one because of the size of the flakies.



Doux. 3 thin coats over OPI Barre My Soul.
A clear base filled with shimmer-flakies that darkens to a deep purple (darker than swatch above). You know I can't resist a purple.

The colour change in these polishes really got me and I must say I absolutely love them! Colour changing in the sun? Duochrome too!? *grabby hands* These are simply perfect for the sunny weather in Singapore - demure work appropriate nails in a minute and va-va-vamp the next!

Not only that, each of these polishes are SCENTED! I am not usually a fan of scented polishes but these smell like their namesake - soooooo yummy <33 The scents seem to last quite long and I can still smell whiffs of the scents from my swatch sticks a week later!


Ruby Wing is available on their website. For Singaporeans, Ruby Wing (the entire range!) is also available at Vedure at Robinsons Orchard (Heeren), Level 1. PLUS, Vedure is having a huge promotion on their polishes and is offering up to 20% discount in the month of March if you print and present this flyer! Don't miss this wonderful offer! ;)

Apart from their ongoing promotion, I am pleased to announce that Vedure is also sponsoring a GIVEAWAY for you, my readers!

Three lucky winners will each walk away with one Ruby Wing colour of their choice! 

All you have to do is to share your favourite Ruby Wing colour on Twitter or Instagram and say why it is perfect for you! Remember to tag Vedure (@veduremb on Twitter OR @vedure on Instagram) in your post and hashtag #RWVedure ! You should also keep your profile public so we can view your entries. This giveaway is open to participants in Singapore only and will end on Sunday, 6 April 2014, 9am SGT. Don't miss this awesome opportunity - Good luck!! ;D

 photo xoxo_zpsaad7ebe5.png

**Products were provided for our honest review. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.**

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mich, do you know how much this mini set costs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scent is amazing! It even smells through topcoat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are lovely! Cinnamon Bun is my favorite, but Sweet Cream is really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors! Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are really cute! I'll have to check them out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I'm not familiar with the brand but it's Cute and unique. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories