Nubar: 2010

Some say that 2012 will be the year of the flakies. It seems to be the case for almost all polish companies are pushing out some flakies of sorts - FingerPaints, Zoya, Essie, etc. And for good reason too - it's a very simple way to jazz up your basic manicure!

One of my favorite flakies has to be Nubar 2010. It has been around for quite a while already but still has my heart. <3


If you don't already know, I'm a huge sucker for duochromes. Color-shifting flakies are no exceptions. Just look how pretty it is! Red, orange, yellow, gold and green! The main color seems to be red/orange. When layered over black, it really looks like glowing embers.


The green doesn't really show up as much on the nails unless you angle them like so:
Oops! Should have wrapped my tips!
For some reason, this layering reminds me of this:



Ah... Gotta love Adele!
Am I the only one who thinks that this is what setting fire to the rain on a dark night looks like?


xoxo,
mich

7 comments:

  1. Hoping to get my hands on zoya and fingerpaint flakies!
    Nubar 2010 was my first bottle of flakies!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous! Where do you get your Nubars btw? Do you order them online? 2010 looks so amazing, but looks pretty similar to Gosh's Rainbow. Definitely looking forward to the flakies this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ink: yes they look so awesome! I especially love the blue/green ones!

    @Kirsty: me too! flakies in all sorts of colors :D I get my nubars online from nubar-nailz! I think 2010, Gosh's Rainbow and the old Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure look pretty much the same to me. Not terribly unique but pretty nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this new flakie trend! i'm waiting for the store near me to get some in! love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hidden Treasure was my first flakie polish and I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too! I'm in love with the duo/multi-chrome :D

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories