Nail Ideas: black and white molecules!

Sarah is absolutely right.
Dotting is really suitable for anyone - regardless of skill level. Even the simplest and most easily replicated design can be extremely fun and eye-catching. Most of all, there is plenty of room for creativity! Don't believe me? Just take a look at all the entries for the competition! I am sooo going to try some of the designs myself soon!

Anyway, this is my next dotting design:


This design was based on this picture that I found while googling... you've guessed it: "dots"! How creative can I possibly get?! ;p



I didn't follow the google picture to the T but I was going for the color scheme and overlapping dots design. The dots look so cute and cozy together! Our dear Jayo said they look like molecules!

cute molecules!

I think it comes as no surprise that we took chemistry in our pre-u. Lol!

Polishes used:
Nails Inc - Black Taxi (black)
Clatty - #92 (white)
As usual, the grey was mixed using the black and white. Wellll... I guess my stash is really small *shrugs*

And just because I think this looks cute:


So... which do you prefer: this or the bokeh dots?

xoxo,
mich

Edit (15 March 2012):
Rebecca is also hosting another super awesome nail art contest here.
I had really wanted to come up with another mani but I am still caught up with my assignments so I am submitting this design for now. Hopefully I will have the time to do something soon :(

23 comments:

  1. Oh my God, this is so lovely... Are you using the round dotting tools to make the dots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable!  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Esther! I used only a bobby pin and a toothpick for my dotting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Yvonne! Glad you find them cute too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have a steady hand that make perfect round dots with those tools!  Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww.. you're too kind! My dots really aren't perfect. A little wobbly but still ok from afar ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is genius - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO beautiful! This is beyond cute!

    Thanks for following me btw! Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Lizzy! I'm glad you popped by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard to choose because I love the bokeh dots! But you should submit this one??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know right?! Difficult choices =\

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one is great for the contest. I haven't seen one like it yet... You should definitely submit this one :) I will also be trying this myself but of course I will link to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable, and so creative! Just goes to show you don't need 500 different bottles of polish to do fun, creative things! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Laynie! I find that it's quite fun to mix my own colors too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Sarah! Glad you like it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is stunning! so beautiful! I think I'll have to try that! I'll credit if I do :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sure! Go ahead and try it! It's really fun and easy. Glad you like it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. both manis are cool! this cause it's different, and the bokeh dots for those purples (my fav color :P)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories