Nail Ideas: Roses and Polka Dots

Just last saturday, we celebrated our grandma's birthday with a buffet dinner at Tung Lok Seafood. The food was so-so but there was a huge variety of dishes so I went home with a really full stomach anyway.

I decided to do a vintage and girly mani for the occasion so I went for some polka dots and roses. However, since I was intending to wear a grey bubble dress with a white short-sleeved jacket, I decided to use black as my base color to match my outfit. Yes, I have a pretty awesome grandma who's cool with black (generally viewed as an inauspicious color) - heck, she even lets me wear black for Chinese New Year! I love my grandma! <3


Please excuse the sad looking 'leaves'. I overestimated the time I had left before the dinner and end up rushing to finish this mani.

I had a few compliments from my aunts and cousins (the boys were busy eating) and I have to admit I feel pretty chic with my outfit and nails! :$

The colors I used for this mani:
Black - Nails Inc Black Taxi
White - OPI Alpine Snow
Light Purple - a-england Guinevere
Dark Purple - a-england Elaine
Teal Green - China Glaze Exotic Encounter

What do you think of this mani?

xoxo,
mich

19 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Is their any way you could do a tutorial for the roses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I how you drew the roses...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous, how do you do the flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and elegant mani, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this is so lovely! Very cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! <3 Happy birthday to your grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Robin! I dotted the lighter color first (looks better if it is not a perfect circle) before using a smaller dotting tool to add random wiggles for the petals :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I'm glad you like it too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I'm glad you like it too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your Grandma had a lovely birthday! I love this mani, it's so pretty, I might try it sometime myself and make it matte :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Marisa! I'm glad you like it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww thank you! ^_^ My grandma looked like she enjoyed herself :)
    I wanted to add a matte top coat to this too! But I didn't have time so I left it glossy. But I think it will look wonderful matte <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute and awesome! Love the combo of flowers and dots too ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Deborah! I'm really loving them together too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories