OPI: Cuckoo For This Color

I couldn't resist. Yes. Yet another green!

I bought Cuckoo For This Color on impulse quite a while ago but never got around to trying it because it looked rather disappointing in the bottle - a dark but faded / muted sort of green.


Anyway, I finally decided to try this color because it looked rather miserable sitting in the corner of my drawer. ><

To my surprise, it turned out to be quite a beauty!


On the nails, the dusty green transformed into dark teal shade that takes on a slightly more blue-ish or green-ish hue depending on the angle at which you look at it.

It even has the slight dark-at-the-edges look:


AND... it has a scattering of bright blue micro-glitter! What really surprised me was that it's very sparkly even in the shade!


The slight frost finish only shows up under flash:


I couldn't help but compare it with my other green polish, Sally Hansen's Jumpin' Jade.
Although they look similar from afar, they are really different on closer inspection. Cuckoo For This Color has a stronger blue base.


On index and ring: Cuckoo For This Color
On middle and pinkie: Jumpin' Jade
Excuse the flooded cuticle on the middle finger, I still have not mastered the Sally Hansen Insta-dri brush :( But I'm slowly getting better!

The difference is clearer under flash:

On index and ring: Cuckoo For This Color
On middle and pinkie: Jumpin' Jade
CFTC is also slightly more sparkly:

On index and ring: Cuckoo For This Color
On middle: Jumpin' Jade
On index and ring: Cuckoo For This Color
On middle: Jumpin' Jade
(with flash)
Top: Jumpin' Jade
Bottom: Cuckoo For This Color
I would say that both colors are gorgeous in their own ways. Jumpin' Jade appears more mysterious while CFTC comes across as being more glamourous... Perfect for that upcoming Christmas party! Yup, it's just round the corner!!

Random shot of christmas decor along Orchard Road
xoxo


4 comments:

  1. cuckoo for this color looks nice but i still prefer the greener shade. i love emerald!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I love the darker green. It would be fantastic if it were more sparkly too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty!! the original bottle looked dull but this makes me feel like getting a bottle too xP

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tiffy it will be just in time for christmas too! :))

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories