12 Days of Round-Up: Favorite Color

I must confess, I don't usually have a particular color preference. Admittedly, I had my pink and blue moments back when I was young but I've since grown to love a wider range of colors. But of course, I still find myself having a soft spot for certain colors every now and then.

This year, the official Pantone color of 2012 is Tangerine Tango. Butttt... that color never really caught my eye. >.<
Instead, I've noticed that the newer members of my stash in 2012 are largely... blue-greens! :h

Let's take a look at some of the blue-greens that caught my heart this year:


China Glaze For Audrey. 2 thin coats.
This was the color that started it all off. A friend of mine asked about turquoise nail polishes and I stumbled upon For Audrey. It was not love at first sight because I wasn't sure how it would look on me but I am glad I bought it. It is such a pretty color that I don't really care whether it looks good on me or not. It is one of the colors that I reach for very often - so much so that I have only about half a bottle left now. :$

zoya-bevin02

Zoya Bevin. 2 thin coats.
A soft dusty sage green that is incredibly elegant and beautiful. It wasn't love at first sight either but I fell hopelessly in love with it after seeing it on my friend. :L It is not easy to get Zoyas in Singapore and I nearly went crazy with need. I know that OPI Thanks A Windmillion is very similar but for some reason I really wanted Bevin. It took me months before I was able to satisfy my lemming but it is well worth the wait. It is surprisingly eye-catching for such a soft color and I received many compliments while wearing it. <3

rescue-beauty-lounge-halcyon04

rescue-beauty-lounge-halcyon07
Rescue Beauty Lounge Halcyon. 2 thin coats.
This is another beautiful dusty medium sage green from RBL's Fan Collection for Spring 2012. I know that Aqua Lily was the one that caught the hearts of many others but Halcyon was the first to call my name when I saw swatches of the collection. It took me a lot of willpower to close the browser tab but as fate would have it, a friend of mine accidentally bought an extra and asked if anyone wanted it. The rest was history. I didn't expect to love this as much as I do but, boy, those gold-copper-pink shimmer-flakes are simply stunning. They are subtle but very visible on the nail and catch the light so beautifully. I never knew pink would go so well with green, copper and gold!


China Glaze Exotic Encounters. 2 coats.
A dusty green-leaning teal. By the time the China Glaze On Safari collection came out, I was hopelessly in love with blue-greens so naturally this was a love at first sight for me. Even the holographic glitters in that collection did not distract me from this gorgeous creme.

a-england-galahad03

a-england Galahad. 2 thin coats.
A bright yet slightly-dusty blue-leaning teal this time. Slightly more teal than what my camera picked up. Not a very common shade but I do love it. I also love how pigmented this is. I could get away with one coat if I had been more careful.

cult-nails-living-water00

Cult Nails Living Water. 2 thin coats.
A dark teal jelly with tiny brillant blue and green glitters. I love my darks so there was no way I could leave out this beauty. Even after wearing it so many times, I still lose myself in this dark sparkly polish each time I put it on. :L

What is your favorite color this year?

xoxo,
mich

P.S. Don't forget to enter our year-end giveaway to win amazing polishes from both mainstream and indie brands! Ends 12 Jan 2013.

18 comments:

  1. I'm actually going to be visiting Singapore in a few weeks and as a fairly frequent follower of your blog, if you have any zoya cravings I would be glad to bring some over for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have five of the six colors you showed here in my stash, too (I don't own the RBL). I guess, we have a similar taste... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never realised how beautiful Living Water was! Halcyon is so gorgeous, wish I hadn't missed out on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that's the first time I really liked Halcyon! but too late...))
    I also love teal shades, this is always my favorite color)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and what gorgeous polishes!! I love that Cult Nails so much! I need it now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both beautiful and I love them so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thank you so so much Hannah! You are too kind but I simply can't impose on you! All the same, I feel really lucky to have lovely followers like you <3 I hope you will enjoy your stay in Singapore :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm glad we share the same taste in colors! ;)

    Hopefully Halcyon will be included in the next bring-it-back! I think that Butter London's Two Fingered Salute is similar but it is also not easy to get because it is a Nordstrom exclusive (if I am not wrong) :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Karine!! I'm glad you like them too! I am not sure if Cult Nails still has Living Water in stock but I heard that it is discontinued so you should act fast before it is gone! ><

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Two Fingered Salute seems to be quite similar...I'd love to get it, but I don't want to deal with intermediaries because of just one polish(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah, great picks Mich! By the way, Living Water is gorgeous! *__* Turquoise and teal are also my favorite colors this year <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Going through my collection yesterday I realised I have a lot of blue-greens too! The China Glaze is my favourite one here, not sure how I passed it up xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean! I haven't got the BL because of that too :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for our great tastes ;)
    I definitely recommend you to get the China Glaze especially since you are also a fan of blue-greens! :D

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories