12 Days of Round-Up: Indie Favorites

And now... for my indie favorites!
I had such a hard time doing up my list when there are sooooo many to choose from!

source: scrangie
a-england Dragon.
Oh that gold flash is to die for - so dragon-esque. Honestly, I don't know why I don't have this in my stash. I need to remedy that pronto. :L

cult-nails-toxic-seaweed

Cult Nails Toxic Seaweed. 1 coat over Illamasqua Rampage.
A sheer green base filled with silver and green glitters and a scattering of orange-gold flakies. Absolutely stunning combo. I'm sorry if the swatch looks a little gritty. I realized that I forgot to add a top coat until I was editing the pictures. It is completely smooth and glossy with just one coat of top coat. :P

source: fashionpolish
Cult Nails Flushed.
A stunning purple with that magical fiery shimmer not unlike OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest or Max Factor Fantasy Fire. I admit I have a weakness for such polishes. Yes, it is my fault for not getting it early but it is currently on its way to me. *happy dance*

emily-de-molly-harmony

Emily de Molly Harmony. 3 coats.
Another horrible swatch. I've worn this a few times already and each time the sky was overcast so I can't get a good picture of it. It is December after all. Anyway, I digressed. This is a beautiful grey with scatterings of teal, purple, lavender and white glitters and super tiny holographic shimmer/glitter in the base. Completely unique and absolutely chic and gorgeous. You know you need it. <3

femme-fatale-cosmetics-hydraxia07

Femme Fatale Cosmetics Hydraxia. 2 coats over Cult Nails Living Water.
Another Aussie indie polish that is absolutely fabulous. It looks good in the swatch and I can tell you, it looks even better in real life.

femme-fatale-cosmetics-winter-hyacinth14

Femme Fatale Cosmetics Winter Hyacinth. 4 coats on ring and 2 coats over China Glaze For Audrey on the rest.
I'm sorry for the mini Aussie indie spam but they totally deserve a spot on the list. Just look at it. I simply can't adequately describe how awesome this is.


HARE Polish Magic Mist. 1 coat over a-england Guinevere.
I love purple and this is one of the prettiest purple glitter I have ever seen. Delicate yet bold at the same time.

source: harepolish
HARE Polish Oceans of Alloys.
It's blue/turquoise so you know it has my heart that wee bit more than the other colors in the collection. The color mix is also perfect. Even my nuggle (nail polish muggle) friend agrees. I've worn this a few times already but never had the time to take a proper picture because I was always rushing some where else after slapping it on.

source: scrangie
Rescue Beauty Lounge Aqua Lily.
I can kick myself in the butt a million times over for missing out on this when it was first released. And I can stab myself in the heart a million times for not grabbing this when it was available the second time. WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING?! Ji, please say you will make it available again. :c I promise I will never never let it slip me another time!

source: imfeelingnail-venturous
KbShimmer Hex Appeal.
I don't know why I keep telling myself I don't need this when I obviously do. It's such a rich deep blue and the glitters accentuate it perfectly. I'm so not skipping this the next time I'm making an order.

Yup so these are some of my favorites this year!
Admittedly, these are just the tip of the iceberg - there are still plenty of indie brands that I have yet to try so there may be other gems out there that I've missed out.
Do share some of your favorites so I can check them out! :d

Let's hope that 2013 will be another great indie year, shall we? xD

xoxo,
mich

P.S. Don't forget to enter our year-end giveaway to win amazing polishes from both mainstream and indie brands! Ends 12 Jan 2013.

11 comments:

  1. I have seven of these polishes in my stash, too, and the other three are only missing, becuase I couldn't get them. I'd say our taste is not so different ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I just realised I left almost the same comment a couple of days ago. It really must be true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous collection of polishes! I'm swooning over each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So am I! 2012 has been a great year for us indeed ;p
    I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in 2013! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, love love loooove your picks. I actually don't have most of these - really need to change that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my thoughts exactly!! I still can't believe I don't own all of them despite loving them so much :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. where do you get your indies from!! esp for kbshimmer and femme fatale. i'm from singapore too (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. helloooo!! So glad to meet another Singaporean! Hope to see you around more often! :D

    I get my femme fatale from shoppe-eclectic.co and my kbshimmer from harlowandco.org :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah ok thanks alot! i really really really like your swatches (: js (:

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories