Femme Fatale Cosmetics: Winter Hyacinth & Hydraxia

Today, I have a new-to-me Aussie indie brand to share with you! Femme Fatale Cosmetics is a home-based business owned by the talented Sophie and specialize in hand-blended mineral based cosmetics. They have a stunning range of eyeshadows (I don't usually pay attention to makeup and such but the colors are really interesting!) and have recently started to offer an impressive range of nail polishes as well!

I first heard of this indie line through the Aussie nail girls on Instagram and couldn't stop drooling over the swatches! Unfortunately, FFC does not offer international shipping so when I heard that Shoppe Eclecticco started carrying their polishes, I quickly jumped on the bandwagon and grabbed these two pretties to try:


Winter Hyacinth. 2 coats over China Glaze For Audrey except for ring finger which has 4 coats on its own.
A beautiful medium turquoise filled with white, rose and fuchsia glitters. Apart from the usual hex glitters, it also contains white diamonds and pink dots that make it so unique. I didn't know that pink and turquoise would go so well together but the I'm hopelessly in love with the color combination. :L The base color is on the sheer side and took about 4 thin coats to be opaque. It is similar to China Glaze's For Audrey - just one or two shade darker and not as bright. Did I mention, I have a thing for teals and turquoises this year? :$

femme-fatale-cosmetics-winter-hyacinth18

femme-fatale-cosmetics-hydraxia07

Hydraxia. 2 coats (dabbed on the second) over one coat of Cult Nails Living Water.
A sheer jelly base of deep sea green full of multiple teal, turquoise, ocean blue, bright blue and soft flecks of yellow in various shapes and sizes.
- Femme Fatale Cosmetics
Yup, a complex polish that I can't even begin to describe adequately. This was the polish that first got my eye on FFC. I saw this on Bec of Nail Gun XS on Instagram and it was love at first sight (she layered it over China Glaze Man Hunt (a beautiful dark blue) here.)! :L I was about to bust out my Cult Nails Time Traveler when I saw Living Water next to it and in that instant, I knew it was The One. The dark teal base and tiny glitters complemented Hydraxia so well as if they were meant for each other! Needless to say, I fell in love all over again. <3

femme-fatale-cosmetics-hydraxia11

The formula on these was very good. The consistency was just right and I did not have to fish around for the glitters. Just a note though: the larger glitters in Winter Hyacinth tend to stay at the bottom of the bottle so it helps to give it a few hard shakes before use.

I must say, having tried these, FFC is definitely on my indie radar now. I'm impressed with the range of colors they offer and their excellent formula. On top of that, they have also gone beyond my expectations by having a very professional packaging for their bottles and website. What more could I ask for?

So, what do you think of these polishes? What other FFC colors caught your eye?

FFC polishes are available for sale in Australia on their website.
If you are living outside Australia, you can grab these beauties from their international stockists such as Shoppe Eclecticco here. Shoppe Eclecticco is also having weekend sale for Aussie indie brands and polishes are at S$1.50 off per bottle! There are only a few FFC polishes available on the site at the time of writing so you better be quick! The next FFC re-stock is tentatively scheduled for mid-end Jan 2013 and will come with new colors - I simply can't wait!!
For more FFC updates, you can follow them on Facebook or Twitter!

xoxo,
mich

22 comments:

  1. Harlow & Co. is supposed to launch Femme Fatale this week and I can't wait!! I definitely want Winter Hyacinth, and I love your swatch. But I'm having a hard time trying to decide what other ones I'm interested in, they are all so beautiful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hydraxia... Words fail me. ._. ERRMAAHGAWD

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous - Winter Hyacinth could grow in my stash any day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely swatches as always, Mich! Winter Hyacinth is especially gorgeous as I, too, have a preference for teals and turquoise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Winter Hyacinth! It's such a gorgeous polish ;) and I also love the teal/pink combo! I saw Emily de Molly Violet Days over a teal on her etsy and this made me buy Violet Days, just to layer it over teal! ;)
    but I love the dots in Winter Hyacinth and the white glitters are also interesting in the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first polish is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I NEED Winter Hyacinth!! Just gorgeous! You chose a great base polish to show off all of it's gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Meghan!! I'm glad you like it! :D
    I know your pain! I had such a hard time narrowing down my choices to two. I will definitely be getting more in the next restock! :D I didn't know that Harlow will be stocking so soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol! I see what you did there ;) I'm glad to have it growing in mine ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you dear!! I fell real hard in love with these colors this year for some reason! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh I must have missed that EdM swatch or I would have bought it too! All the Aussie indies sure stole the spotlight this year! I'm loving them all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww thank you Jamie!! All credits to the polish itself! It's such a stunner! <33

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are GORGEOUS! But the last combo... oh my ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my God, gorgeous polishes! You just paint your nails perfectly *--*
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! I have to use over Living Water too now! I just recieved Living Water before Christmas and I'm yet to use it. What a great combo!
    Love your swatches hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh great, now I absolutely need to own both of these! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree!!! They are must-haves imho ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories