China Glaze: Material Girl

Today, I have with me another polish from the new China Glaze's Eye Candy 3D Glitter Collection - Material Girl!

I spotted this while I was rummaging through the polish pile at Smoochiezz's flea at Far East Plaza a while ago and decided to grab it alongside my other glitter polishes (what's with me and glitter these days!?).


Material Girl is also a clear polish with a mix of micro, small and medium sized dusty pink or rose colored glitter. As with Lorelei's Tiara, the glitter in the polish is very dense and you can get complete coverage with just two careful coats although I used three for the pictures.

The larger glitter pieces are slightly holographic as you can see from the random rainbow flashes in the bottle. Strangely, I don't seem to capture any of the holographic action on my nails. Nevertheless, it's still a very pretty pink - slightly dusty, muted and demure :)




The formula is good - application was very smooth and not lumpy at all.

The glitter also gives the color a 3D effect with lots of depth as the light hits the different glitter pieces, casting shadows on the others. I must confess though, I had initially associated "3D" with the level of 3D effect as seen on the large screens - eye-popping and literally leaping at you. Then again, that's just wishful thinking on my part. =\

And that, is the second and last polish I got from this collection.
My eyes kept seeking out Marry a Millionaire from the polish pile. The color looks very complex and interesting from the bottle but I wasn't quite prepared to take on bar glitters. They still look like manicured lawns on the nails to me (no offense!) ><
I also had my eye on Some Like It Haute - holographic glitters! Unfortunately, I couldn't spot it amongst the polish pile. =\

What do you think of Material Girl? Did you grab any other colors from the collection?

xoxo,
mich

4 comments:

  1. This is my kind of glitter. It's pink!! Looks great on you ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marisa! :D Pink is such a lovely color indeed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the glitter polishes, I used one coat of non-quick dry top coat (Sally Hansen's Complete Care) before adding another coat of Seche Vite to make them smooth and shiny :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories