Nail Ideas: Cupcakes!

Whoaaa~ Second post in a day! :o
Not only that, it's also The Polish Well's 100th post!! *throws confetti* :party

To celebrate, what do you say to some cupcakes?

Actually, I also did this manicure for a nail art contest at The Polished Momma but didn't realize that it would end in less than 24 hours. So instead of publishing it tomorrow, I had to publish this a day earlier!
Yes, I'm cutting it a little close this time! :f lol!


I had been itching to try a cupcake manicure ever since I saw this really cute cupcake manicure by Trincess on Emerald Sparkled a long time ago. I was reminded of cupcakes again when I did this jelly sandwich recently with Essie Marshmallow and Lynnderella's The Glittering Crowd:

Doesn't it look yummy!?
So I added my own twist to the cupcake manicure by using the jelly sandwich for the frosting on the cupcake. I decided to stick with using stripes and polka dots on the middle finger and pinky as I thought they matched the cupcake perfectly. Since the ombre or gradient manicure is starting to be popular again, I jumped on the bandwagon to do a gradient for my index finger to complete the skittles manicure. ^_^

Of course, a cute and sweet manicure wouldn't be complete without... mattifying everything!!

Doesn't it look all soft and fuzzy now? <3
So.... What do you think of my cupcake? Hungry yet? ;)

xoxo,
mich

20 comments:

  1. Cute! And love the glitter cupcake topping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did the jelly sandwich for the frosting!!! It looks very cloudy and yummy ^^ 

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the cupcake!

    www.seventhingsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm in love with pastel colored glitters now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like it too! Thank you, Aly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, delicious mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the matte version! And that jelly sandwich looks so nice. I just did my nails, but I'm gonna take it off to try a jelly inspired by this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!! I love it matte too! ^_^ looking forward to see your jelly nails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're cupcake manicure is adorable. I absolutely love it with the matte finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I love it matte too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. What colors did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used Silky Girl Mauve Dreams for the dark pink and added some white to it for the lighter pink. I used Essie Marshmallow for the cupcake frosting :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories