Nail Ideas: My Little Pony

I had wanted to blog about my last DL in my stash for today's post but I only just realized I had not swatched it! o_O I remember seeing the pictures in my computer! Ah wells, can't deny I'm getting old. I would swatch it now but I still can't bear to remove the mani I did on Thursday (more on that tomorrow).

So instead, I will be showing you a mani that I did for Rainbow Honey's Blogger Nail Art Contest.
The theme for the contest is... My Little Pony!! :L

source
I have to admit that I did not watch MLP until recently. Granted, I had watched one or two episodes previously but the hectic school term did not allow me to catch every single episode. So when I saw awesome pictures of Dee's (Rainbow Honey's) newest collection, The Equestria Collection, I swore I would start watching all the episodes of MLP. That explains why I have not been posting at my regular times - was too caught up with MLP and other TV shows :$

Anyway, here's my entry for the contest:

[From thumb to pinkie: Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack]
I've thought really long and hard about the designs and I decided that the only way to include all the ponies (Believe me, I wished I had a sixth finger to do a design for each pony - I love them all!) is to do a simple stripes design with all their colors. It also shows how the colors of one pony lead nicely to that of another ;) I suppose they call that 'harmony', right?

All the stripes were done with a nail art brush and the cloud was done with a bobby pin.
The nails are also topped with one coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust for that extra magical sparkle!
Except the red on the rainbow, the white on the cloud and the blue base color on the thumb (China Glaze Electric Beat), all other colors used are mixed from other polishes.


There are a lot of other amazing nail art submissions that you can view on blogger or on facebook. If you can, please hop over to have a look and vote for the entries that you fancy! ^_^

And here's a brief look at The Equestria Collection:

source
Yup, it's that awesome! More swatches here.
Drooling yet? You're welcome! ;)

That's all from me today! I shall head back to watch more MLP! Just finished Season 1 Episode 9 yesterday and I was literally in stitches from laughing so hard!
Any other MLP fans out there? :i

xoxo,
mich

14 comments:

  1. I love watching MLP with my daughter. Shes been on a Bananas in Pajamas kick lately though and I am not a fan. Maybe we can catch an episode or two of MLP this weekend. I like your contest entry, cute and colorful, so in other words. . . Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Girl and Her PolishMay 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM

    Your stripes are fabulous! Love the mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helena Lacky CornerMay 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM

    Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH this is SO cute! Great job, it looks perfect!
    And I looked at the other submissions and I honestly think you have a good chance of winning~ definetly one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really a fan of Bananas in Pajamas either lol! MLP anytime! ;)
    Thank you Alexis! You're too sweet <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww you flatter me!! The other submissions are really good too so I daren't hope for anything! Glad you like this mani! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. what glitter top coat did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used China Glaze's Fairy Dust for the holographic glitters :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories