Tutorial: Rainbow Stripes

After getting some requests on Instagram for a tutorial, I've decided to stop procrastinating and put together a video tutorial for these rainbow stripes!


This is my first time making a video and I guess it's pretty obvious when you watch it. I couldn't help cringing myself through the whole 5 minutes and 56 seconds of it. :f (I swear I don't sound this strange IRL but I just couldn't snap out of the "reading" mode when faced with a recorder :/)
In any case, I'd spent almost an entire day fiddling with it and I just couldn't bring myself to do it again for another day so I've decided to just upload it. :P


For your reference, here are the polishes that I've used:

Red - O2 Skin MK0220
Orange - red + yellow
Yellow - China Glaze Happy Go Lucky
Green - yellow + blue + a little indigo
Blue - China Glaze Electric Beat
Indigo - L.A. Girls Dance Studio
Violet - indigo + red + a little white creme
White base - Orly Au Champagne

Do let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for making video tutorials. Any help will be much appreciated!

Also, feel free to ask any questions in the comments (even if it's a request for other tutorials - if you happen to like this one that is)! As usual, I will do my best to get back to you asap! :i

xoxo,
mich

24 comments:

  1. I love your accent! :) This tutorial was really helpful, I think Im  going to try this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You're really sweet ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cool! You really sound nice in the video, though a little different from IRL! Looking forward to more nail art videos from you (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! You're too nice. I still think I sound strange in the video. And this is exactly how I recorded a presentation for one of my mods. I think my prof must have laughed his pants off or something. o"o

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was really good! You should make more tutorials!!!
    I am one of the people from instagram @lindsaay12

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial!  I don't think you sound weird, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so freaking cute!! Will def be trying this for the summer..

    poutlipscurvyhips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love string mani's! The rainbow looks so cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Marisa! You're too sweet! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I am wondering if I can post this picture on modernsalon.com? I will credit you as the original source. I think our readers would love to see your photo and how-to. Please let me know at the e-mail address below if this is okay.

    Thanks!

    Lauren Salapatek
    lsalapatek@vancepublishing.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This technique looks so unique. I love the rainbow look. Thanks for the tutorial, I have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Katie! I'm glad you like it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the three dimensionality of this so so much! I just discovered your blog through this tutorial and I can't wait to explore the rest of your nail art. I will try this out today though! Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you!! I'm glad you like it! Have fun doing your nails! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of the coolest manis I've seen so far and trust me, I've looked at hundreds recently!

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww thank you Lindsey!! I'm glad you like it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cool! I hope to try this soon! Awesome video also! What is the name of the song in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Amy! I'm glad you like it! ^_^
    It's Kiss the Rain by Yiruma :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore it!! so much my style!! so rare that I see some nail art I can so much relate to!! good job and congrats on your first vid! really hope to see you in my blog http://nailsnoob.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you! I'm glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories