Nail Ideas: Ladybug Nails!

Good morning! I hope your week has been well so far! I've been nursing a flu bug for the past few days - right after I had a small bout of food poisoning. urgh. :~

Anyway, here's my winning entry for @brummingbird's dotting contest on Instagram! It's the first time I've won any nail art competition so you can imagine how happy I was! :e If you are interested in joining these competitions or looking for nail art inspirations, I highly recommend you to join the IG polish community - some of the girls have really nice nails and are really creative! You can find me @thepolishwell :h


This was actually a last minute entry (literally the night before the competition ended) because I was feeling strangely uninspired for a long time. While mucking around the house and watching random children programmes with the kids (they are having school holidays now), I saw the host wearing this really cute T-shirt design with some ladybug prints on the shoulders. Naturally, I had to do it for my nails! ;)

The biggest dots were done using a bobby pin while the smaller dots were done using a toothpick and a pin.


What do you think of this?

xoxo,
mich

38 comments:

  1. It's super cute and you deserved to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this are so adorable and they definitely deserve to win!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so cute, i love them.  It's also really nice to see someone do lady birds in a different way xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute!! your nails look amazing. definitely a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Girl and Her PolishMay 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM

    I love the little lady bugs!! So cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is cool. Will give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! This is just TOO cute... I've see a lot of ladybug nails, but yours are definitely the cutest!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, these are soooo cute! <3 Congratulations on the win, by the way, you totally deserve it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really great!  My niece (who's 5) would LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Ivana!! Glad you like it too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww thank you Lauren! Glad you like this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! Glad you like them! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you like this! Happy painting! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Cee! Glad you like them! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!! My nephew (he's 2) loved them too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you. I'm glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are too, too cute! I've seen the full nail ladybug before (been meaning to try it for ages, actually), but it's a whole new level of adorable with the tiny ladybugs on white. No surprise it was a winner--congratulations! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww thank you Elizabeth! *blushes* <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. possibly the cutest mani ever!!! I really love the little bitty ladybugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ✈ jeteubyeol ⋆July 23, 2012 at 8:03 PM

    Awww, I love them! They're neatly done! Did you do it on one go? Nice job! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. yup, I did them at one go :) Thank you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. these are adorable nails! i was wondering what polishes you used as i love the shimmer to the white polish.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you Becky! I used Orly's Au Champagne for the white base :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. hallo
    what color did you use for the red? they are absolutly beautifull :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Marie, I used a red from O2 Skin called MK0220. It didn't come with a name :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories